Monday, February 28, 2011

DEAR Vanderbilt February Blog


February was on of the the most exciting months for our VIP group because of the VIP Showcase that was in the Commons this month. Seeing the finished poster product and really being able to reflect on how this made our group not only bond more, but accomplish so much over one semester was really rewarding. My favorite part was looking at the posters of all the other groups and seeing what they did for their projects. I did not realize how creative my peers were! I have been living in the same hall as some very extraordinary individuals and I was not even able to interact with them because I did not think we would have similar interests. After interacting with some other VIP groups, I realized that we have some very similar interests that I was excited to share. As far as programming, our group brainstormed ideas for how we wanted to use our funds. Since our group is about trying to find ways to alleviate stress, we decided we wanted to do something that would help us alleviate stress from out lives but also incorporate a civic engagement component into our final project such as playing with animals at an animal shelter. We are very excited to be going into the last few months of the VIP program and really accomplishing a lot, but it would of course be a bittersweet ending because we have thoroughly enjoyed the VIP program thus far. 


No comments:

Post a Comment