Sunday, August 29, 2010

VIP WORKSHOP -- The Beginning

The VIP Workshop started the new school year off by meeting new students and planning projects. Although the session lasted three hours, I enjoyed getting to meet the VIP participants for the first time, learning more about their group dynamics and the individuals in them.


After the large group meeting with a powerpoint and lots of details, the students broke down into their own project groups. I believe that this time was especially integral in reconnecting students and sharing new ideas. Plus, the group began to start their collage projects, which are going to be finished this Tuesday. And I am super excited to see them! During this time some groups, also began planning for events during the school year. Shawn and I asked the project to complete a large agenda in these small groups, so I was quite impressed when they actually finished the majority of these assignments. Below is another photo of a group during their break-out session.


But I cannot forget to share about the catered dinner that we had after our workshop. In the Vandy / Barnard lobby, Shawn booked one of the best caterers in Nashville, and the great reputation certainly was not a falsehood. I believe it gave me the opportunity to meet more of the students, since that Tuesday marked my second-week on the job and in Nashville. Hopefully, the next few posts will be given by students highlighting their own experiences in the early planning stages. And last picture is from the dinner given after the workshop. Written by: Erica Cain

No comments:

Post a Comment