Thursday, December 2, 2010

Commodore Cruise - Blue Man Group!

So before Thanksgiving, I had the opportunity of being a Commodore Cruise director for the Blue Man Group cruise! If you have never been on a Commodore Cruise, I would definitely recommend going on one. Not only are the events exciting (and free) but you also get to go outside the "Vandy Bubble" to engage with Nashville's community. So next semester, if you have the opportunity, sign-up for a cruise you are interested in and be prepared to be impressed!

Now, on my particular cruise, we started by going to dinner at Chappy's, which is a New Orleans style restaurant. It was delicious, and I especially loved the peach cake for the meal's dessert. At TPAC, our seats for the show provided a great view, and I was especially happy because no one sat in front of me. The Blue Man Group did an outstanding job during their performance. I particularly loved the ironic showcase of technology, since I have studying the pervasiveness of technology in our culture in some of my graduate classes. Besides the deeper theme of the show, the Blue Men demonstrated funny antics with the audience and created numerous musicak scenes, which were jaw-dropping. So if you ever get the chance to see the Blue Man Group, sign-up (and if you seats are close up bring a poncho).

No comments:

Post a Comment